Baking with a 1 year old...

Since I don't cook enough, yesterday I made THIS from Pioneer Woman. I turned my head for 1 second and found this:
NOTE: He did not climb on the counter himself, I put him there because its just easier then him screaming and crying while tugging on my shirt to see. I am aware that he could fall; but obviously he was completely satisfied with licking the batter, like every normal kid is.

The photo I missed was Cooper grabbing (by handfuls) the cake mix out of the pan.

So, if you don't click on the link, I was making her Strawberry Shortcake Cake, it was good and I didn't take a picture because mine didn't look as good as hers. I don't think I let the cake cool long enough, but it cooled for at least an hour. Anyways, it was good, but super rich-the icing was super rich, and I was desperately missing some whipped cream. But the cake was delicious! So next time I make this, I think I'll serve it with whipped cream.



No comments:

Blog Archive