Girl's Night!

We have been spending this week at my parents, we being the kids and I. Because April, Zane, and Grant are in town from Brazil during their furlough. They like to come stay with my parents for a while, and it gives me an excuse to come hang out. (So I can have a little break too!) For those that don't know, April and I knew each other my Freshman year of college, her Sophomore year. Lived in adjoining dorms, had biology together, were in club together (cause I was in Gamma before I transferred to Theta....another story, another time!) So she needed a free place to live for the summer, and we were going on Vienna Studies together, so I told her if she didn't mind sharing a bed with me, she could live at my house. I did this without ever checking with my parents; I knew they wouldn't mind. Well, it worked out great, because I house sat so much that summer I was never home, and then I spent 2 weeks counseling at OC Camps with April because she was the children's intern at Edmond. That summer turned into she lived at my house in my room every summer after that until we graduated. We roomed together at OC my last year. She's the sister I never had, so it all worked out. She and her husband even lived at my parents house for  a while before they went to Brazil. All this to say Tuesday we had a nice night out with other Vienna Friend's and her past roommates. I think we were all excited to go out, sans kids. We talked for a couple of hours and enjoyed some good food from here, you should go, the pizza is excellent!

I was glad for the Girl's Night Out, because I may not live in another country, but sometimes I might as well. It's so nice we all have remained fairly close, even after college. I love hanging out with these girls when I get to! Maybe I'll be able to save up enough money, or not be pregnant where I can go visit her in Brazil before they move back! Bets on which will happen first?

No comments:

Blog Archive