Legacy.....

This past weekend was OC's Homecoming and I went to attend the Alumni Banquet on Friday night. OC presented my grandparents, along with the McBride's the Legacy Award. I'm pretty sure working anywhere for 60 years and counting should equal a Legacy, or possibly more. Or maybe when you send all of your children, they meet their spouses, and a good number of your grandchildren to the same school that equals a Legacy. The banquet was very sweet and it made me think about how proud they are of OC. How little OC was when they arrived to the small college at Bartlesville and how much it has grown from the 7 original buildings at the campus now. I know my grandparents have poured their heart and soul into that place and they are well deserved for some recognition. (Although you know they didn't want it.) I think it is great for OC to remember where it began and to always recognize the people that have paved the path for what it is and stands for today. Although there has been a lot of changes at OC I hope it always remains close to the churches of Christ and doesn't stray from what it is too much. I also hope although OC may always ask for money, that as alumni we continue to support the campus and it's cause as best we can. OC is a special place, I hope it remains that way forever. The kids got to walk in the parade with Mama Jo, Papa Staff, and my Dad on Saturday. I love these pictures and I know I'll cherish these moments my kids get to spend with their great grandparents forever!




1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Yes, i do too! Totally agree with you. They are special role models to so many! Love them.

Blog Archive