Valentines Day & District Dinner

Well, Valentine's Day was pretty low key. Here are the kids with their presents that Mama Jo mailed them. They carried these baskets around for hours. So funny!

My husband sent me these beautiful roses, it's fun to get roses in the mail!


Cooper and I made some chocolate cupcakes for dessert, the ones with the cashews on them are so delicious! Chocolate and nuts, it's a lovely combo!

 
So my Dad and Papa Staff took off for a quick week in London and Paris, so my mom came up to visit. Which worked out perfect, cause she could have Valentine's Day with 2 of her favorite people and Jeremy and I could make a run to see this....


It was an okay movie, predictable, some funny parts, honestly I thought it would be better then it was, sorry Reese, I will still see every movie you're in.

So, Wednesday my mom took Cooper home with her, Maddie wasn't too happy about this. The other great thing about my mom coming up, she could bring me some meat from here.


If you ever need fajita meat, this is the place to get it, at about $28 a pan, it doesn't get cheaper. So a pan of chicken and a pan of steak fed about 15 boys, who probably each ate 3 fajitas or more, and I had a little bit of meat left over. Yes, we had the boys over for District Dinner, playoffs start Friday, it could be a long road, but we are very hopeful they'll do their best. (I used to hope this wouldn't put me into labor, now I say bring it on!) They were like, these taste like restaurant fajitas, and I was like cause they are. You think I can cook all that meat in my condition? I did make beans, rice, and queso to go with it. My house smelled really good. Oh I also made some sopapilla cheesecake for dessert, which they all loved. So a successful fun dinner, and a viewing of this....
Which prompted them to try to convince Coach he needed to get a technical foul, Jeremy in all of his seasons coaching, has never gotten a technical foul. He thinks it's not necessary. This makes me happy, because personally I feel it just makes the coach look silly yelling at the refs, newsflash, they aren't changing their call.

So now Maddie and I will make the trip to Edmond tomorrow, I'll go to the boys game at Oklahoma Centennial High School, then the kids and I will spend the weekend. I've got a baby shower for a good friend, some wedding planning for another friend, and a doctor's appointment on Monday. Just try to wrap everything up in a weekend!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Your life is so busy! But I know it will slow down pretty soon. Enjoy it while you can.

BTW, those cupcakes look awesome. I'm going to have to do the cashew thing. What kind of icing did you make?

Blog Archive