Cooper's 5th Birthday!!

Cooper turned 5 yesterday, 5.....yes I'm still letting that one sink in! I honestly wasn't planning on doing much, just taking cupcakes to school on his birthday. The teachers conveniently make that his snack day and you're able to bring sweets on that day! Well then he started talking about his birthday party, who he wanted to invite and all that sort of stuff. Then I started to feel bad, knowing we'd have a party for Kellyn here in 2 weeks, yes 2 weeks! Of course the week before his birthday he got an all class invite to another girls birthday, so I was really on top of my planning game. We had decided we'd do a surprise party for him, because thanks to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse he always talks about a surprise party, jumping out and saying surprise. We scheduled it for his birthday, which was on  Monday, knowing we wouldn't have games even if we were hopefully still playing, which we're not. But then Saturday we changed it to Sunday night since the blizzard was supposed to hit us pretty hard on Monday and my parents wouldn't be able to come. So his first surprise was my parents and Mama Jo and Papa Staff came up to go eat dinner with us. (Newkirk COC got a special treat cause Papa preached off the cuff Sunday night!) Then we went to Chili's in Ponca City while all the guest arrived at our house. Jeremy and I left dinner before my everyone so we could watch him come in. His request was mostly some high school kids and they were so sweet to come to his party and were pretty excited about it. He was funny, I wish I could load the video up, but I don't want to set up a You Tube account. He said, oh what did you do this for, and it's everyone I invited to my party. When it was all said and done, he said it was awesome. So I guess after all my worries, I did throw him just the party he wanted!







These are the cupcakes he wanted for school and the crown that he wore from his teacher! No idea why the pic is the wrong way....



Hopefully you can tell what the cupcakes are.....Holly's mouth isn't real pretty, but it was super late when I finished these on Sunday!

2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

that's so great how it all turned out! Watch it be his "favorite" bday you ever did!

OK Chick said...

I love the cupcakes. You are so creative!

Blog Archive