We might be down......

but we're not out! From time to time I have people look at me like I'm crazy because, yes, I go to a lot of basketball games. This week my mom was so nice to make some towels for the Senior boys and managers. Senior night was on Monday, so she and my Dad drove the towels up here, had every intention of going to the game, but Cooper and Maddie were sick. (We had that nice little stomach bug at our house!) They stayed with all the kids so I could go to the game. Monday night's game was not so great, and it looked like we were going down a road we didn't want to revisit. So after a little strategy change, and some advice from a former player, practices ran good and things were looking up. Although the stomach bug is flying around town and 3 of Jeremy's main players were out most of the week, 2 were back for the last home game of the season last night. We were playing a team that had only been beaten 1 time, the first time we played them they drilled us. (I confess I wasn't at this game.) The first quarter didn't look so good, like we were down by 20 looking bad. But slowly and surely the boys finally played their game, kept their attitudes in check, and at halftime we were only down by maybe 10. After staying strong in the 3rd quarter (which we call the 3rd quarter curse cause it's so bad normally), Cooper's hero hit a buzzer shot to send the game into over time. All that being said, that is why I go to so many games, I would've been sick to not witness that. I love how the guy behind me kept talking about how their team was getting "out coached", makes me so proud of my husband! (I sit behind the bench at home games because they have a couple of rows with a modified back and it's easier to corral my kids.) It was so great to see the boys get so excited about the game, and even after 2 boys fouled out, they held it together to pull out an OT WIN. Typically Jeremy is not a fan of much celebration, but the students stormed the court and it was so exciting, and to be honest, it was a great way to go into next week. One more regular season game, then off to playoffs we go. So we might be down, but don't count us out! "Here we come to get you....."




(These pics are not from last night, but still some of my favs!)

Blog Archive