The North gene....

I say it's the North gene that comes out when the hubs comes home and says we are having a team dinner and one mom is going to bring water with flavors and all the boys are supposed to bring a finger food. Teenage boys are not the best at informing their parents of things. So I quickly offer to take care of dessert items, thinking that way they can focus on other things. BUT when you have a kid ask if they can bring popcorn I start freaking out and think they aren't going to have enough food. So this is what I ended up with....












Sugar Cookies, Cheesecake bites, cake pops, and brownies for dessert...these were great cause I could pre-make everything but the brownies cause I like those fresh! Then my OCD North gene kicks in and I run to the store to get stuff to make this....



Sliders....



And French bread pizza I cut into strips. So of course there was enough food for us to save some and feed them after they play Friday, but it's a rule in my family, better more then not enough! Overall my babies were happy cause they got to eat then run all over the gym to their hearts content and I was happy because I was able to socialize with a few of the moms I've become friends with; (which I didn't think I'd ever do, being friends with players parents, it's tricky) without watching a game while we are all stressing out! So I guess my lesson here is I should just trust a little more that things can work out without me doing everything!

2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Awesome. Glad you got that adrenaline rush! So I want to know more about those cheesecake bites. Is that the ones dipped in chocolate? Did you make your own cheesecake kinda like cake balls? I think I'm gonna make brownie bites for a family party this weekend. Someone told me they are easier since the brownies are so moist you don't have to add frosting to make them into balls.

Summer said...

YOu are seriously the BEST COACH'S WIFE ever. You should write a survival guide to share with other wives.

Blog Archive