Change is good??

I ask that question with some question marks, cause this is a time where I feel like change isn't really good. I've been pretty quiet on the blog lately, nothing exciting going on with the kids, which is nice. A little slower. However, my contracting job that I've had since 2008 is not good. I recently finished a project, and now don't have any work. There are people that say "isn't it time you're just a mom?" Well, I kindly remind them that my husband is a teacher and a coach and his salary unfortunately doesn't allow that. So while this timing is awful and extra stressful cause I'm oh, you know only 8.5 weeks away from giving birth and Christmas is coming up soon; I'm trying to make the best of it. If you've known me for a while; I do have this photography business that I've always wanted to really make my full time job/income. So a few months ago, I started getting serious about it, changing my logo, redesigning my website, and business cards. (Truth be told, I should've done this years ago!) I started to attempt to get more facebook page likes, which isn't that easy and started advertising on theknot.com to brides. Weddings is the best source of income for this, basically working about 20 weekends a year would replace my contract income and then some. So, since everyone wants to hire someone that's real pregnant I'm trying to remain optimistic that I'll start to book up for next year, weddings, family pics, events, you name it, I'm available. I've debated a lot about writing this, this is why I chose to write a post about it, I need prayers, lots of prayers. I need prayers mostly for peace and patience. Cause again, it's stressful, real stressful, and I'd be lying if I said it was easy. But luckily this isn't the first time we've been in this situation, and every single time God provides the perfect answer in the perfect timing, but let me remind you, I'm 30 weeks pregnant. I am so fortunate to have such amazing parents who are real supportive of me trying to make a photography business and who I know won't let us go hungry. So while I know that God is so good and he will provide for us as we need it, I still need prayers, take that back Jeremy and I both could use some extra prayers, cause it isn't easy for either of us. Although he's handling it a lot better then I am! So that's that, and that'll be all I post about it cause I don't like talking about it. (You'd think my house would be squeaky clean since I pretty much don't have anything else to do all day, but funny thing, it's still not....go figure)

2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

You are right. Prayer is the answer to anxious-ness! I can't believe you are already so close on Baby #4 - he'll be as cute as all your other ones, I'm sure!

Ryan and Katie said...

I've never started or ran my own business and can't imagine the stress of it but with your talent and the prayers you've requested I'm sure you will do well, just remember it won't happen overnight! Can't believe #4 is almost here!

Blog Archive