Soccer

In between everything else going on a letter was sent home from school saying that Newkirk had a soccer team, starting at 4....so I told Jeremy I thought Cooper should play. Mostly, I didn't want him to be the only kid in his class not playing and I thought it would be good for him. Well, they didn't know if they'd have enough boys for his age, but after almost signing him up in Ark City, KS, I was notified that they did have enough. Then they asked me if I'd coach, of course since I can't say NO....I'm coaching them. (Cause obviously I don't have anything else to do.) We are playing in a Under 6 league, 3v3 soccer. 4 of my boys are 4, 2 are 6. So, we've got a lot to learn, but they are getting better. Their first game was last Sunday, but I had 2 things I was already committed to in Edmond, so lucky for me my Dad came up and coached them. My parents also came up yesterday to coach. My Dad was worried about my foot, and me not being able to coach them during the game. (Or my Dad is so excited to have a little boy playing soccer again, he can't stand to not be there.) So, after they drove all the way here, Cooper gets all shy and starts crying before the game, like he's not going to play. Who knows what that is about, but he went in for the 2nd quarter and even scored a goal in the 4th. I'm sure by the end of the season they'll be all stars.....

2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Sweet! That will be a great memory for Cooper and your Dad too!

OK Chick said...

That's cool! You're parents are great.

Blog Archive