Through My Eyes

This summer Jeremy bought the Tim Tebow Book, Through My Eyes. He started reading it and suggested I might want to read it. I kind of blew it off....seriously why would I want to read that book?


Jeremy decided he would do Senior Leadership meetings once a week. The coach at Santa Fe does (or did) this, and with all the Senior drama we had last year, we both agreed it might be a good way to unite the Seniors, talk a little about leadership, help them realize what an impact they have, and we figured if I cooked, they couldn't complain. So when you see Senior Saturday Breakfast on Facebook they are here for breakfast. Jeremy decided after reading a few chapters of Tim Tebow's book, he'd use that.

So yesterday, I was bored so I decided I'd read the book. I heard some of it during their meeting, and it made me very intrigued. I would say if you are raising boys, I'd read this book. (What I'd really love is for his parents to write a book about how they instilled the values that he has.) I'm not saying I 100% agree with everything he may believe, but I also don't know his exact stand on things either. Needless to say I am very impressed about how he is not ashamed to really own his faith, and stick to what he believes in. He does and did a lot of wonderful things through his football career.

Although, he may be younger then most that write a "memoir" I think getting things out there, in his words was one of the smartest things he has done. If he is going to write it, you can't help but believe his side of the story. He also starts every chapter with a verse and may talk about others within the chapter. I think for someone to do this with such fame, is such a great example for younger kids. I fully intend on having Cooper read this book when he's older of course. But I think it is a great example of someone who worked hard for the things he really wanted and didn't let partying, girls, or the pressures of the outside world get to him. He embraced those challenges by having Bible Studies with his teammates, coaches, and making smart choices with his fame. You've got to admit in this day, that's very impressive for a young man.

So, what we hope, or really Jeremy hopes to accomplish with the boys by reading this book would be to ultimately make them better men. It's really not just about winning games, although it's fun to win, it's about influencing these boys to make good choices, become good men, and hopefully come to know God. Maybe it's a little indirect, but I think they will at least know, we truly care about them, and it has nothing to do with their basketball talent or ability! So if you've got any good breakfast ideas, pass them on, I'm not a huge breakfast eater, so hopefully I won't get redundant!

3 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Sounds like a good read to me! I'll check it out! I was just thinking about an old recipe I have that you might like - just a different presentation of pancakes and sausage:

Baked apple pancake with sausage links

1 c. Bisquick
2/3 c. milk
1 egg
2 T. sugar
2 T. butter, softened
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
1 c. chopped peeled apple
Sausage links

Heat oven to 400. Grease 9 " pie plate. Cook sausage and drain. Stir remaining ingredients together, leaving apple for last. Spread in pie plate. Arrange sausages in spoke pattern on top of dough. Bake 15-20 min. or until golden brown. Serve with your favorite syrup.

Anonymous said...

Colt has one too, I read it this summer. Pretty good! Same type of approach as Tebow.

OK Chick said...

I'm impressed with him as well. Sadly, I was not impressed enough to pick him for my Fantasy Football league. HA!
Jeremy will do great at his new school.

Blog Archive