SPI 2010

Well here is our story of our South Padre Island trip this year in pictures and captions!

Our beach model, the first day there was a lot of sea weed, but only on Sunday!
All current great-grandkids at the annual lighthouse tour. Jackson and Maddie weren't able to go up, but the rest of them enjoyed it. One more will be making an appearence in about 3 weeks!
Our family at the Lighthouse
Maddie fell asleep often at the beach, she's such a trooper! She loved falling asleep on Mama Jo!
The empty morning beach, no one but our fam out, in the afternoon it was a different story, which is why we are probably not going to be going to SPI next year. But there still will be a beach trip!
Cooper and Maddie. So the pic I should've posted was the one when he decided he was done holding her and he just let her go....such a loving brother! (He really is)
Maddie started showing us serious smiles at the beach, she likes the pool!
Our family the first day at the beach. This is how we look after driving all night long. Seriously, we left Denton at 10:30 p.m. after I photographed a wedding and arrived in Harlingen at 8:30 a.m. There were NO hotel rooms available from Austin to San Antonio, well except for 2 smoking rooms. I'd rather keep driving! Now I know what Mary and Joesph felt like.
I love this picture, it isn't the most amazing, but there is just something about it that I love! So overall with the exception of a fire alarm pulled at 4:30 and extensive all night partying the beach was great. Maddie was a great traveler, and I'm sure Cooper was too, but he rode with my parents there and back. Now it's back to regular routine, hot outside with no beach or pool in sight.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Glad you were able to go to the beach again! I hope that our family starts to do something like this every year too!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Such a neat tradition you all have. I have to say that Ma ma Jo is just the cutest Great Grandma on the beach!

Blog Archive